Epic Kiss Epic Kiss

Um?

I agree that the gunshot was a little...unexplained. It was what would be termed "improbable". In writing and in movies, animations, etc, there are two things for the story: the impossible, and the improbable. The "impossible" is something you can do in the story, like having someone with superhuman powers, or an x-ray vision scope on a gun, et cetra--provided you've given the background for it, placed the viewer in the world that such a thing is possible in. The improbable is total randomality. The gun shot, in this case, was improbable. There was nothing to provoke it. However, this improbability is the basis of some really good comedy, such as ATHF, Sealab, and this flash. But I feel that in this case, the timing was wrong, and that is was made it not quite as funny as it could have been. Like, the kissing part, the song, was lovely in that it was a parody. It was cliched and purposefully so, which made it all the better. But then the gunshot was all serious. Like, no over-the-top agony from the man, the woman was all serious and angry with the shooting. It just didn't work for me.

As for the animation, I again agree with previous posts. It was very...refreshing? I think is the word I want. I enjoyed it. Especially when the hearts started in, those in particular I feel were well done. Keep at it, I really hope to see more from you!

Let Our Love Die Not Let Our Love Die Not

I give you the lolz

Indeed, good for a first flash! Not alot of animation but it was humorous. I loved the end. My only real beef with this is the sound. The music choice was alright, definitely added to the whole lubby-dubby scene-ness, but it was overbearing. It blared right over the voices. That's a big thing to remember for pleasing viewers : good video quality AND good sound quality. One without the other will just end in tears. Good job sir.

IcemanClay responds:

Looking back at it know yeah it is quite over the top. thanks for the review, i'll bere it all in mind for my other flash movies, cheers dude

Red Riding Hoodd Red Riding Hoodd

$.02

I liked how little red looked, it was very twisted. I agree with one of the previous reviews in that it could have used some more animation. The flashing of still images does work to give it a very choppy, kind of "what's going on?!" scary theme but perhaps you relied on it too much? I also think that the post about it being longer was a good suggestion as well. So good art in an interesting style, but I don't really know how I feel about this flash as a whole.

AustralianReject182 responds:

Thanks for that. Your pretty spot on with your critiquing, I'll definatly take it on board.

Perform Perform

Superb

The music was good for the tone. The animation was good, though I'm not that great at judging. What I really liked was the content of it. It was somewhat deep and struck something that I can't quite put a finger on but it was enough to make me log in to write my first review in ages. Superb work.

Deformables (Remake) Deformables (Remake)

Shabby? Nah.

Not too bad. I enjoyed the graphics, and the soundtrack coupled with the escalating violence was fun.